Friday, June 5, 2009

Wanna test your website (and webpages) on 60 different browser in one shot ?

Today I just thought to test my website (Aggregator app) across different browsers to have preliminary results. I came across this cool website http://browsershots.org/ which tests webpages on roughly 60 browser (including browsers running on Linux, Mac, Windows, BSD etc) in one shot. It took around 27 mins to test my simple site on all 60 browsers and the results were astounding and really helpful. It provides first hand impression of UI issues (i.e. various formatting, colors, tables, tabs, button spacing etc etc.) for your web pages. I found it really useful. I was testing my app only on fewer versions of Firefox, IE, Chrome etc. but thanks to Nilesh for pointing me out to try and test my app on other version of various browsers as well. We together sat down to explore few open source tools and while exploring we came across this useful site.

Here is a link to 10 useful resources for Cross Browser Testing http://designm.ag/resources/cross-browser-testing/

I do recommend to use other open souce tools and websites to perform Cross Browser Testing, but these kind of resources are really handy.


No comments: