Monday, April 12, 2010

N2 vs. Umbraco - CMS made easy

Few days back I was evaluating open source ASP.NET based Content Management System (CMS). I shortlisted 2 of them for my purpose i.e N2 and Umbraco. Competition was not even close as N2 was a clear winner. Though both are categorically advised to be consumed based on web content management requirements i.e. Umbraco is preferable for heavy (or large) and N2 for light (or medium to small) contents.

Umbraco is well positioned in developer community as N2 is pretty new. Umbraco's user base is huge comparatively but still N2 delivers due to its sheer simplicity. I like KIS (Keep It Simple) philosophy while development and N2 enables me to deliver keeping KIS into consideration.

Thanks to Shivani for helping me finalize one of the CMS for our purpose.

No comments: